The members of the board of Central Coast Kink has all Central Coast kinksters and their families in our thoughts during this holiday season, when so many people and animals are displaced and on edge during the Thomas Fire.
Resources Related to the Thomas Fire
The Thomas Fire in Santa Barbara and Ventura Counties has had a major impact on our community. Here are some community resources to assist with this difficult time:
- Santa Barbara County emergency info and links
- Ready Ventura County evacuations and road closures
- Santa Barbara County Evacuation Zones (Map)
- Sign up for emergency alert texts:
- Current power outage info from Southern California Edison
- Download Red Cross apps to monitor emergency and disaster conditions.
- Santa Barbara County road closures
- Ventura County Public Library for community information.
- Cal Fire
- National Weather Service Fire Weather
- National Weather Service Wind and Temperature Map
- National Wildfire Coordinating Group Incident Report
- National Wildfire Coordinating Group Map
- Ventura County Fire Department
- Twitter search by #ThomasFire
- Thomas Fire History: San Diego Supercomputer Center
Due to continued unhealthy air conditions resulting from the Thomas Fire, free N-95 masks will be distributed as part of a coordinated effort of the Santa Barbara Medical Reserve Corps, City of Carpinteria CERT, City of Lompoc CERT, Santa Barbara County Public Health Department, CAL OES, and Direct Relief. The sites that will distribute masks are listed here.
- Go to 211santabarbaracounty.org (Santa Barbara County), or www.211ventura.org (Ventura County) or dial 211on your phone for community resources.
- Thomas Fire emergency shelter in Santa Barbara area: UCSB Multi Activity Center, 516 Ocean Rd, Santa Barbara, 93106. Evacuees should enter UCSB through the main east entrance, park in parking lot 16. Staff will guide you to the Center.
The following locations will be distributing food from Monday Dec 18 to Friday Dec 22 to anyone who asks for assistance. There is no paperwork involved. More Details
- Foodbank warehouse, from 1 pm to 3 pm at 4554 Hollister Ave., 93110 Foodbank offices, from 12 pm to 2 pm at 1525 State St., 93101
- Franklin Neighborhood Center, from 12:30 pm to 2 pm at 1136 E. Montecito St., 93103
- Westside Boys & Girls Club, from 12 pm to 2 pm at 602 W. Anapamu St., 93101
- Saint Joseph Church, from 12 pm to 2 pm at 1500 Linden Ave, Carpinteria, 93013
- THURS DEC 21 ONLY: Isla Vista Youth Projects from 3:30 to 5:30 pm at 970 Embarcadero del Mar, 93117
- THURS DEC 21 ONLY: Catholic Charities beginning at 3 pm at St. Mark’s Parish, 6550 Picasso Rd, 93117
Donating to Thomas Fire victims and relief efforts
- Direct Relief International–based in SB
- For Red Cross Ventura donations, visit their website, call 1-800 RED CROSS, or text REDCROSS to 90999 to make a $10 donation.
- For United Way donations, text UWVC to 41444 and 100% of the donations will go directly to those affected by the fires.